Born in Vienna, Austria. Doctor of Philosophy (Communication Science and Anthropology), Doctor of Medicine.
Research focus in intensive care medicine are Health Services and outcome research, information systems.
Since 1.3.2015 Professor for Anesthesia, Emergency- and Intensive Care Medicine at the Medical University of Graz.
Chairman of the Clinical Department of Anesthesia, Emergency- and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical University of Graz.
Vice-chair of the University Clinic of Anethesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical University of Graz.
- Consultant for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
- Professor for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
- European Diploma in Anesthesia and Intensive Care of the European Academy of Anesthesiology (DEAA, DESA)
- European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC)
- Training as a managing emergency physician
- Generally declared and juridically certified assessor for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- Master of Business Administration (Danube University Krems, Austria)
- Postgraduate diploma in medical leadership (University of Salzburg, Austria)
- Several postgraduate trainings in quality management.
- Development of the national governmental documentation for intensive care medicine
- Consulting activities for several Austrian hospital asociations
- Responsible for the ISO Certification of intensive care units in the General Hospital of Vienna
- Outcome measurement for intensive care in several Austrian regions
- 2000-2001 Professor at the Département Réanimation Medicale (Prof. Jean-Roger Le Gall), Université Paris VII, Henri-Diderot, Faculté Lariboisière-St. Louis, Paris, France
- G. Secretary of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) 2009-2012
- Chairman ESICM Section Health Services and Outcome Research 2003-2009
- Chairman of the Austrian Center for Documentation and Quality Assurance in Intensive Care Medicine (ASDI).
- Recipient of a grant from the Scientific Fund of the Mayor of Vienna, 1993
- Recipient of a grant from the Fund of the Austrian National Bank, 1996
- Recipient of a grant from the Fund of the Austrian National Bank, 2004
- Recipient of a grant from the Fund of the Austrian National Bank, 2007
- Young investigator's award from the Austrian Society for Medical and General Intensive Care, 1994.
- Currently > 150 publications, Impact Factor 406, H-Index 22
- Associate Editor Intensive Care Medicine 2003-2009
- Reviewer for multiple institutions, organisations and scientific journals.